Two Bean Meatless Meatloaf
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 55 mins
For the Meatloaf:
1 cup of gluten-free oats
1 small onion, diced
1/2 large green pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup sunflower kernels
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1/2 level teaspoon of cayenne pepper
Pinch (or two) of salt to taste
For the Glaze:
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons mustard
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together all glaze ingredients. Set aside.
3. In a food processor, pulse the oats until chopped well, but not into a powder.
4. Add onion, green pepper, garlic and sunflower kernels and pulse again until well combined.
5. Add in chickpeas, pinto beans, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire, thyme, salt and pepper. Pulse until beans are almost nearly puréed (leave a little bit of texture).
6. Spray loaf pan with Pam cooking spray. Then spoon bean mixture into the loaf pan and even out.
7. Pour glaze over bean mixture.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until glaze is caramelized and loaf is solid.
*gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free, nut-free, vegan
Adapted from Author: Back to Her Roots