It’s Hump Day… That means it’s time to add another exercise to your Bootylicious Butt workout!
If your booty is a little saggy, the 45 degree, incline leg press machine can help you build firmer glutes. This machine offers a compound exercise for the lower body, meaning that it works multiple muscle groups, including the quadriceps, hamstrings, calves and glutes!
2. Sit down on the leg press machine and position your feet, in the middle of the platform, about shoulder-width apart, and knees bent. (Your foot positioning is the variable that can be changed in order to target your glutes.)**
3. Find the safety release that allows the platform to lower (or rise, depending on the machine). Push through your heels to straighten your legs, lifting the platform, then lower.
4. Extend your legs to take the weight off the racks, and release the safety. Your knees should be slightly bent at the start of the movement, as this will ensure the weight is on your quads.
5. Slowly lower the weight down until your legs are just past a 45 degree angle.
6. Push through your heels and extend your legs to move the weight back up to the starting position.
7. Repeat movement for 15-20 reps for a total of 3-4 sets.
Leg Press Tips:
Your knees should not be locked out at the any point during this exercise.
When moving the weight up, push through your heels.
You can involve the glutes more in this exercise by going deeper.
Always be sure that the safety is locked securely when finishing the exercise.
Variations in Foot Positioning**
To work your glutes even more, change your foot positioning. Placing your feet near the top of the platform will require more work from the gluteus maximus, focusing the activity on the glutes instead of the quadriceps. Perform the press with your feet near the edges of the platform with toes pointed slightly outward. To work your glutes from a different angle, place your feet together in the middle of the platform, toes lined up with the platform’s top. You might need to reduce the weight for these variations.