Pumpkin, ’tis the season…Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cake, Pumpkin Muffins, Pumpkin Cupcakes…and Pumpkin Bread. Yes, it’s finally pumpkin season, and the reasons to celebrate are many.
Ingredient Spotlight: Pumpkin
Pumpkin is an often overlooked source of fiber, but with 7 grams per one-cup serving and only 49 calories, it can keep you feeling full for longer on fewer calories. Also, a cup of cooked pumpkin has more potassium (564 mg) than a banana (422mg).
2 tablespoons flax meal
6 tablespoons water
2 cups King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Baking Mix
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together flax meal and water. Let stand for 10 minutes to thicken.
3. Sift together baking mix, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl.
4. In a larger bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and thickened flax meal. Stir in dry ingredients.
5. Bake 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a rack to cool the rest of the way. If making mini loaves, bake for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!