Are you looking for a reason to try an occasional meat-free meal? Meat-free meals can save you some money, help the planet, and add variety to your life. Sound good? This pasta dish is made with delicious and wholesome vegan ingredients for a meal you can feel really good about eating.
½ Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen spinach
1 tsp. Italian herb seasoning
¼ onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 (16 oz) jar of organic pasta sauce
¾ cup water
4 oz. organic lasagna noodles
1 cup nondairy cream cheese
4 oz. rice-based “mozarella” cheese, shredded
¼ cup fresh parsley
4 oz. silken soft tofu
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
3. In large pot, combine olive oil, spinach and seasonings; add pasta sauce and water. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, mix together various vegan cheeses, parsley and tofu.
5. In a lasagna pan, layer sauce, followed by noodles, followed by sauce, followed by tofu cheese mix, then more sauce, and more noodles until layered. Repeat until done with sauce on top.
6. Cover loosely with foil and bake 50 minutes. (Check to make sure it is not too brown on top).
7. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes, checking after about seven minutes. Let it sit 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from The Diet Diva, Joanne Eglash.