After the savory stuffed “turk’y,” the gravy, and the stuffing, what goes on the Thanksgiving table? Rolls! Well, at least in my family….bread is one of the stars.
These 7 ingredient vegan dinner rolls that are fluffy, buttery and so simple to make. Perfect for weeknight meals and holiday gatherings! No one would guess they’re dairy-free.
Simple Vegan Dinner Rolls
2 Tbsp organic cane sugar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 packet (2 1/4 tsp) rapid rise yeast
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour (sub up to 1/3 with whole wheat pastry), plus more for kneading
1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp vegan butter + more for topping
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
2. In a separate mixing bowl (or small saucepan over medium heat), microwave the water, almond milk and butter until warm – about 110 – 120 degrees (~55 seconds). It should be the temperature of bath water. If it’s too hot, it can kill the yeast.
3. Add wet to the dry ingredients and whisk or beat for 2 minutes, scraping sides as needed.
4. Add 1/4 cup more flour and beat for another 2 minutes. Then, add only enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Then let rest 10 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 12 pieces, shape into balls, and place in a greased 8×8 dish or 8-inch round pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size – about 30-45 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and brush the tops with additional melted vegan butter (optional). Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until fluffy and light golden brown.
7. Serve immediately as is, or with vegan butter.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes