This stir fry is really easy and quick to make, and the sauce is so simple, but really tasty. If you want it spicier, just add more red pepper flakes.
Sweet and Spicy Broccoli Stir-Fry with Quinoa
1 medium sweet onion, sliced very thin
1 red pepper, sliced very thin
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 bunch broccoli, florets chopped very small
2 Tablespoons tamari sauce (gluten free soy sauce)
2 Tablespoons agave nectar
¼ -1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1.5 Tablespoons olive oil
quinoa, cooked according to package directions
1. Cook your quinoa according to package directions. I rinsed one cup, and placed it in a pot with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 15 minutes until done.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and red peppers, and cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
3. Add the agave, tamari sauce, and red pepper flakes. Stir.
4. Add the mushrooms and broccoli and cook until tender but not over done. The broccoli should be bright green.
5. Serve over quinoa. Add more red pepper flakes or tamari as desired.
Recipe from theprettybee.com