New Year’s Eve is just a few days away and whether you’re hosting a party for many or maybe you are headed out to celebrate at someone else’s home, you’ll probably want festive treats. And one of the most popular routes to go for New Year’s Eve party food is an assortment of appetizers.
It’s always fun to snack on some bite sized appetizers and finger food throughout the evening while you are waiting for the ball to drop at midnight. Bite sized appetizers are always my favorite part of any food table. I love the idea of being able to pick up a little snack and just pop it in my mouth, no utensils involved. That’s my kind of party food.
If you are in the process of planning your New Year’s Eve eats, check out these fun bite sized appetizers perfect for entertaining a crowd or for watching Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest on the couch with a just few of your loved ones. Happy New Year to you and yours!
Baked Zucchini Fries
1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
¼ cup Japanese-style Panko breadcrumbs
½ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. pepper
½ tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Cut zucchini in half both vertically and horizontally, then cut into strips. (Note: thinner-cut strips make crispier fries!)
4. Adding half of strips at a time, place strips in bag and toss/shake to coat.
5. Arrange strips on lightly greased, foil-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake fries for 8 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 8 minutes. For extra-crisp texture, broil for 2 to 3 minutes near end of cooking time.
Other meatless appetizers you can serve: