The next time you’re craving buffalo wings, opt for these healthy, gluten-free, cauliflower “wings.” These wings don’t just pack a punch of flavor but they are loaded with plant-based goodness as well! So, no matter what the occasion is, these buffalo wings are sure to fly off the plate!
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
1 large head cauliflower, chopped into pieces
1 bottle Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
1/4 cup Earth Balance
1 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond)
3/4 cup chickpea flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Lightly spray a large non-stick baking sheet with oil.
3. Combine the flour, paprika, and onion/garlic powder in a bowl and stir until well combined.
4. Coat the cauliflower pieces in almond milk and then with the flour mixture. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until crispy.
5. While the cauliflower is baking, combine the hot sauce and earth balance in small saucepan on the stove top and heat over low heat until the Earth Balance is completely melted.
6. When the cauliflower is looking crispy and lightly browned – pull it out of the oven and place it in a large bowl. Pour the hot sauce mixture over it and toss to coat.
7. Bake coated cauliflower for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until cauliflower is crispy, and sauce looks absorbed.
8. Remove from oven. Let the cauliflower bites set out for at least 20 minutes before serving.