One of the best things about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can change up the veggies based on your personal preferences. Don’t have kale? No big deal, just use spinach! Better yet, just use whatever fresh produce you have on hand! But don’t skimp on the hummus. The hummus is what makes the whole wrap come together so nicely.
These wraps make a great weeknight meal, packed with nutrition and protein. Make a double batch to keep in the fridge for the next day’s lunch.
Grilled Zucchini Hummus Wraps (Serves 2)
- Heat a skillet or grill to medium heat.
- Remove the ends from the zucchini and slice length wise into strips. Toss sliced zucchini in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place sliced zucchini directly on grill and let cook for 3 minutes, turn and cook for 2 more minutes
- Set zucchini aside.
- Place the tortillas on grill for approximately one minute, or just until grill marks are visible and tortillas are pliable.
- Remove tortillas from grill and assemble wraps, 2 tablespoons of hummus, one slice of cheese, zucchini slices, ½ cup kale (or spinach), onion and tomato slices.
- Wrap tightly and enjoy immediately.
Recipe adapted from: Maebells.com