Typically, on Meatless Monday, I post a recipe for an entree or an appetizer. So today, I thought I’d change things up a bit and post a recipe for a vegan dessert: Peach Cobbler!
This easy peach cobbler recipe is one of my favorite and most popular vegan desserts and is the pefect ending to any summertime meal.
Peach Cobbler (V)
- 4 cups peaches (sliced and peeled)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (or your favorite nondairy milk)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, combine peaches, 1/2 cup sugar, and water. Mix well and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In a saucepan, melt vegan butter, 1 cup sugar, flour, and almond milk.
- Pour mixture into 3-quart baking dish. Spoon fruit on top and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg (if desired).
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes (Batter will rise to top during baking) until golden brown.
- Serve warm with your favorite nondairy ice cream!