These potato patties are 100% vegan and they make a great appetizer or you can serve them as a main dish!
- 3 large potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
- ¾ cup frozen peas (uncooked)
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tbs. grated ginger
- 1 handful fresh parsley or cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tbs. bread crumbs (I used panko)
- 4 tbs. flour (I prefer chickpea flour)
- Once the potatoes have been boiled and mashed, add in all the other ingredients.
- Form into patties (you should be able to get 8 large patties or 10 smaller ones).
- Heat a little oil over medium-high heat and fry a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Drain and cool on paper towels.
- Serve with any kind of sauce you like.