To say I’m excited about fall would be a bit of an understatement. It’s September, and while I understand that it’s technically summer for another two weeks or so, I’m ready to crank up my oven, and start baking pumpkin muffins!!!
Pumpkin Muffins (Yield: 12 muffins)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin (fresh or from a can)
- 1/2 cup unflavored almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a twelve-muffin tin.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, almond milk, oil, and molasses.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix.
- Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.