Warm up on a cool fall evening with some Pumpkin Chili. Throw all ingredients into your slow cooker in the morning so you’ll come home to a steaming bowl of chili. Pair with tortilla chips for the ultimate comfort food.
Two Bean Pumpkin Chili
Makes 8-10 servings
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 (15oz) canned pumpkin purée
- 2 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp oregano
- 4 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 (15oz) can kidney beans
- 1 (15oz) can black beans
- 2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp organic brown sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pot, sauté onions, garlic and jalapenos in oil until onions are translucent about 5-7 minutes.
- Add all ingredients into slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours.