This smashed chickpea & avocado salad is great for sandwiches and it is also great as a dip for veggies, crackers, and pita chips. It is vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free-as long as you use gluten free-bread or serve as a dip with veggies or gluten-free crackers.
If you are looking for a quick and healthy lunch idea, make this Smashed Chickpea & Avocado Salad Sandwich. It is one of my favorite sandwiches and I hope you like it too!
- 1/3 can of chickpeas
- 1/2 a small ripe avocado
- 1 small spring onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Dash of lemon juice
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread
- Small handful of fresh spinach (or micro-greens of choice)
- Tomatoes (optional)
- In a bowl, mash the chickpeas and avocado until avocado is well mashed and most of the chickpeas are not whole.
- Add the onion through spices. Mix in. Taste and adjust salt and spice if needed.
- Prep the sandwich bread by toasting if desired. Add a layer of spinach or micro-greens of choice. Layer a good helping of the smashed chickpea avocado mixture.
- Add a layer of juicy tomatoes and serve.
- Serve in sandwiches, tacos, wraps or salad bowl.