Sometimes I get bored with eating oatmeal so, here’s a recipe I use to make protein waffles using oats (which also makes this recipe gluten free).
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 scoop plant protein of choice
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water or plant-based milk
1. Turn on the waffle maker and spray it with a small amount of coconut oil to prevent the waffles from sticking.
2. In a food processor, combine oats, plant protein,
flax meal, cacao powder, baking powder, and baking
soda. Pulse 2 to 3 times.
3. Add water and process all the ingredients until they
are well combined and form a batter.
4. Pour batter into the hot waffle maker and wait 1
minute before closing it. Heat waffles for 6-8
minutes or until desired consistency.
5. Top with fresh fruit and enjoy!
Yield: 3 waffles
Total calories: 303 kcals