Creamy, thick, and rich with lots of garlic flavor. This pasta dish is sure to please. The avocado works wonderfully in this recipe to create a sauce so thick and creamy, that you will think there is cream hiding in there.
- 1 1/2 cup of dry shell pasta of your choice
- 1 ripe avocado
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. of veganaise
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- salt & pepper
- chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Drain well, set aside to cool.
- Cut and peel the avocado and remove the pit. Put it in a food processor together with chopped cilantro, lime juice, veganaise and garlic paste.
- Blend it until it’s creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. (Cover it with plastic wrap and keep it in a refrigerator if you have time.)
- Transfer the avocado sauce to a medium sized bowl. Add cooked pasta and toss them well. Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top.